Last updated: September 1, 2014
If you choose to visit AntiquityMusic.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of our local state. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by emailing us and we will try to resolve it.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
A. The information we learn from customers allows us to personalize and continually improve the total shopping experience at AntiquityMusic.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
* Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you. For instance, if you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase, your visit to the pertinent pages are respectively tracked.
* Website use information: we collect and analyze technical information about how customers interact with AntiquityMusic.com including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, pages viewed, links, dates and times, and other information.
* Email information and contact forms: we may collect, store, and use any information that you submit via email or any of the forms on our website. We may also collect information about email communications such as confirming that an email was opened or which links were clicked
* Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information
B. What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as our pre-populated check out and payment form for return customers and storage of items in your electronic shopping basket between visits.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of AntiquityMusic.coms's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
2. SHARING OF INFORMATION
A. General. The information that we collect about our customers is critical to our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our customers and the site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other Web sites or businesses. There are very limited circumstances where we do share some customer information, and this is outlined immediately below. We share customer information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
B. How we use and share collected information. Occasionally, AntiquityMusic.com uses Personal Customer Information to market products and services, monitor customer interest in our range of products and services, to troubleshoot problems that may arise on the site, to protect against fraud or other criminal activity on our Site, to customize your user experience on the Site, and to assist us in tailoring our product lines, our services, and the content of the Site to our online visitors' needs by collecting information about their preferences through tracking patterns of page-viewing on the Site..We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting, or from time to time, may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customize the website according to your interests. To assist in this, at certain times, we create a profile relating to you in order to show you the content that we think you might be interested in and to display the content according to your preferences. We may also share data we collect about you, your devices and other visitors to the Site in an anonymous or aggregated form with our business partners and others. AntiquityMusic.com shares Personal Customer Information that we collect as follows:
* Subcontractors: We send personal customer information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the personal customer information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal customer information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by AntiquityMusic.com.
* Service providers. We send personal customer information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site (e.g., software). Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by AntiquityMusic.com.
* Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
* Other trustworthy third parties: From time to time, on a limited basis, we share with trustworthy third parties contact information of our customers so that such third parties can promote their products and services. When completing the electronic order form of a specific product or service, you will be able to tick the appropriate box to indicate that you do not wish your information to be used for mailing or direct marketing purposes, including disclosure to third parties. You can also opt-out to restrict us from using your information for this purpose at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Antiquity Music, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by anyone other than its current parent company Antiquity Sound, Inc., customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets. Antiquity Music may share personally identifiable information with controlling entities, entities it controls, and those under common control. Finally, Antiquity Music may transfer personal information to participating companies in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
* Protection of AntiquityMusic.com and others: we may release account and other personal information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AntiquityMusic.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice. From time to time, Antiquity Music may be required to share personal information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. In addition, we may share certain personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of our company and/or others.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
A. Software Used. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use these procedures to better safeguard your information. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals are permitted access to the information that you provide to us. We take physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Personal Information, however; we cannot guarantee that these measures will prevent breaches of the integrity and security of our network and systems, or that Personal Information will never be accessed or acquired by unauthorized persons, notwithstanding the safeguards we have in place.
You hereby acknowledge that Antiquity Music is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
B. Order Confirmation. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. To process an order, it is necessary to transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company.
C. Signing off. To prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information, it is important for you to monitor those who have access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Visit our Web site for more information on how to sign off.
4. USER ACCESS TO INFORMATION
A. General. When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you will see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. This information is sensitive, and it is necessary to both protect this information and keep it current in order to have the best experience at our site. Examples of the type of information that can be accessed by signing into your account are on the Web site.
5. USER CHOICES WITH REGARD TO ACCESS OF INFORMATION
A. General. You always have the right to refrain from providing any information. This may have an impact on use of the site and on the ease of making purchases or taking advantage of certain unique features of the site.
B. Prior Information. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "User Access to Information" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
C. Customer Communication. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your account setting regarding email contact preferences. (You cannot waive the applicability of the Terms and Conditions of Use and other legal notices, such as this Privacy Notice, and if you elect not to receive those notices, they will still govern your use of AntiquityMusic.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
D. Cookie Choices. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, affecting the acceptance of cookies means that you will not be able to use such important features as accelerated ordering and customized product suggestions.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We do sell children's products, but only for purchase by adults. If you are under age 18, you may use AntiquityMusic.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
7. CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
A. Acceptance of Conditions of Use. By visiting AntiquityMusic.com, you accept that your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at AntiquityMusic.com, please send us a thorough description to info@AntiquityMusic.com, and we will try to resolve it.
B. Revisions. Because our business changes constantly, we reserve the right to periodically revise our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use. Prior to making these changes, we will e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
C. Applicability. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
8. INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
A. General. Information collection and processing is designed to better assist you in shopping and using our site.
B. Examples. Some of the information that we collect and process can be accessed by you. Examples of information you can access easily at AntiquityMusic.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and fast ordering settings); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings; recommendations (including recent product view history, and prior order history); shopping lists and gift registries (including desired item lists and gift and wedding registries); auctions, and marketplace seller accounts; and your personal area (including your product reviews, requests, and recommendations).
9. USE OF INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Antiquity Music may use consumer information obtained from third party providers for a variety of purposes, including improving the accuracy of our customer database, to increase our understanding of our customer database, to increase our understanding of our customers, to identify potential new customers and to better tailor our advertising to our customers.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
11. YOUR RIGHTS.
You can correct factual errors in your Personal Information by sending us a request that credibly shows any error. If you wish to access, update or correct your Personal Information that we collect online, please contact us by mail at Antiquity Music LLC, 12405 Venice Blvd. #321, Los Angeles, CA 90066. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Opt Out: From time to time, Antiquity Music may notify you by email of special promotions, changes to our Site, new product lines or products or service offerings that we think may be of special interest to you. If you decide you no longer want to receive emails notifying you of this information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe, or follow the instructions in each promotional message.
Mailing List: Antiquity Music may occasionally share its mailing list or a part of its mailing list with other reputable organizations. If you do not want your name and address shared with other organizations, or do not wish to receive our mailings, please contact us at 1-310-876-8634.
Please note that requested changes to the Mailing List may take up to eight (8) weeks to take effect, particularly if we are removing your name from our postal mailings. Email Opt Out requests will be processed within ten (10) days.
12. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING PARTNERS
We may share your personally-identifiable information, including your name, address, email address, as well as a record of any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with us with third-party advertising partners and its service providers in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partners will make the data we provide it anonymous when utilized in advertising. To learn more about the use of this information or choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here.
13. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to info@AntiquityMusic.com or write us at Antiquity Music Privacy Rights, 12405 Venice Blvd. #321, Los Angeles, CA 90066.
© 2014 Antiquity Music, LLC. All Rights Reserved